Maintaining your blog is a just like exercising – a week-long break turns into a month then two, until all of a sudden, you’re bookmarking recipes for something called “caramel pie” and avoiding your site entirely. But I’ve had my break (and eaten it too) and I’m dying to show you my trove of shiny new tools!
- Peltor H10A Noise Canceling Earmuffs – In a noisy shop, a good pair of muffs is an absolute must. ‘Nuff said.
- Lie Nielsen Dovetail Saw – This saw is to hand-cut joinery as Excalibur is to fighting dragons.
- Lie Nielsen Block Plane – After “borrowing” (read: repossessing) this tool from my bench-mate John all summer, I finally sprung for one of my own. It’s the little plane that could…and did…and will forever.
- Starrett 4” Sliding Rule Square – This tiny tool is hugely helpful in marking joinery, and as I found out today, laying out your bathroom curtains squarely.
- Makita BDF452HW 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Driver-Drill – Fine Woodworking knows best – they just rated this drill top dog among its 18v cordless competitors. It has a built-in LED light, a great hand-feel and (most importantly) a stylish aqua carrying case. Drilling has never been so fabulous!
Now if only I had a top-notch workshop to use these top-notch tools in! (Rest assured, I’m working on that and I’ll keep you posted in the coming weeks.)